with military ID get into Dairen lake free and also receive up to
four family discounted tickets ($25 + tax). Click above for
Upcoming Schedule from Clear Path for Veterans
BOXING CLASSES FOR VETERANS
Every Monday and Friday
DC Boxing/Carroll Boxing is offering free boxing classes to all military Veterans. The free classes are offered on Monday and Friday evenings from 6-7 p.m. DC Boxing is located at 308 Tompkins St., Syracuse, and is a USA Boxing-certified gym. You can sign up by calling gym owner Darin Carroll at (315) 418-6574, or stop in during the boxing class.
"We have all walks of life training here," Carroll said. "If you're interested in just learning how to box or possibly want to compete, this is the place for you. We have both an amateur team and some pro boxers. We at DC Boxing are about two things - respect for each other and family - and here you will get both."
Visit our front desk or call (315) 687-3300 to place a reservation for your preferred seating.
RIDE FOR CLEAR PATH - SEPT. 30
Our sixth annual motorcycle ride featuring more than 400 participants each year!
Recurring events at Clear Path:
CANTEEN - 11 AM to 1 PM Wednesdays
WOOD CARVING - 9 AM to Noon Wednesdays
PROJECT HEALING WATERS - 9 AM to NOON second and fourth Fridays
Clear Path for Veterans | (315) 687-3300 | www.ClearPathForVets.com
Feed Our Vets - http://www.feedourvets.org/veterans-resource-page/
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention has updated its Veteran Suicide Data Sheet for New York, release on Sept. 15 (https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/docs/data-sheets/Suicide-Data-Sheet-New-York.pdf). An average of 20 Veterans die by suicide each day. Although Veterans constitute 8.5 percent of the U.S. population, they account for 18 percent of all deaths by suicide among U.S. adults.
One alarming finding is New York state: The overall suicide rate is 10.6 (standard unadjusted mortality rate per 100,000 people). The overall national suicide rate is 17.0. But New York’s Veterans suicide rate is nearly three times New York’s overall rate and nearly double the national rate: 29.1.
Clear Path for Veterans is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that acts as a single point of contact for Veterans, military members and their families by engaging, supporting and making it easy for them to connect with what they need while committing to providing a welcoming place to call home. To that end, we offer these suggestions to help prevent suicide among our Veterans:
• If a Veteran you know is immediately at risk for suicide, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1; chat online at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat or text to 838255 for free, 24/7 confidential support.
• Share a self-check quiz to help a Veteran assess whether mental health treatment would be beneficial by sharing the link to www.VetSelfCheck.org.
• If you know a Veteran facing homelessness, connect them with support by contacting the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-424-3838.
• If you know a Veteran or a member of a Veteran’s family who is homeless or at risk of being homeless residing in central or eastern New York, contact Soldier On’s Supportive Services for Veterans Families program at 1-866-406-8449.
• If you are concerned a Veteran you know may be misusing alcohol, opioids or other drugs, encourage them to take a confidential assessment and learn about effective treatments at www.mentalhealth.va.gov/substanceabuse.asp.
• If you believe that a Veteran needs more social interaction, invite them to a Canteen lunch (pictured) held every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. here at Clear Path.
• If you know a Veteran struggling to feed themselves or their family, contact Clear Path’s Peer Mentor program at (315) 687-3300 for a confidential allocation of food from Clear Path’s food pantry.
• If you know a Veteran who is ready for but struggling to find employment, contact Clear Path’s WarriorsWorking program at (315) 687-3300 – and ask for Heidi.
• If a Veteran has not found adequate pain management through traditional medical practices, we encourage them to compliment those practices with our multi-faceted wellness approach that includes Integrative Medicine, such as Polarity, Reiki and Auricular Acupuncture. Call our front desk at (315) 687-3300 to schedule an appointment.
Onondaga Veterans Services - http://www.ongov.net/veterans/index.html
Clear Path for Veterans Calendar -http://www.clearpath4vets.com/calender
VFW Youth Scholarship - https://www.vfw.org/VOD/
DO YOU KNOW A VETERAN THAT IS IN NEED OF A WHEELCHAIR?? The Skaneateles American Legion Post 239 has a Motorized and Manual Wheelchair that are available for use. Please fill out the form below by 18JUNE17 and email email@example.com
Town of Elbridge Veterans Outreach Services
Outreach Coordinator: Cyntheia C. Meili
Town of Elbridge
5 Route 31, P.O. Box 568, Jordan, New York 13080