Jordan-Elbridge Transportation Program (JET)
A Town of Elbridge service established to transport Seniors age 60 + and disabled residents in need of rides to their medical appointments and other essential services.
TO FIND OUT ABOUT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES CONTACT 315-604-1322
TO SCHEDULE A RIDE FOR THE JET 315-604-1322 ( Please call Monday - Friday)
JET Schedule ( Operating 8:00am - 5:00pm)
Monday - Syracuse
Tuesday - Jordan-Elbridge & Camillus Areas
Wednesday - Syracuse
Thursday - Auburn & Skaneateles Area
Friday - Jordan-Elbridge and Camillus Areas
TO MAKE A RESERVATION:
At least 2 days in advance
You may call earlier than 2 days, but to insure your reservation you must call at least 2 days in advance.
The JET will begin pickups at 8:00 am.
The JET will not operate on days when schools are closed due to weather
There is no charge to ride the JET.
Donations are gladly accepted.
How To Make a Donation: Donations can be made when boarding the bus or by sending a check to:
The JET Program
5 Route 31 PO Box 568 JORDAN, NY 13080
The JET urgently needs your help. If you have a little extra time and would enjoy working with Elbridge residents, why not volunteer your time to the JET Program? We are actively seeking volunteer drivers and escorts for this program. Interested persons, please contact us for more information on how you can join this community program. Your help is greatly appreciated.
The JET bus and JET minivan transports seniors 60+ and disabled citizens to both medical and non-medical appointments and also includes local shopping trips. This service is free of charge, but donations are always welcome.
Town of Elbridge TRANSPORTATION POLICIES:
1. Our goal is a safe, efficient transportation system with a maximum amount of service for seniors and Town of Elbridge residents with Handicapping conditions.
2. Scheduled transportation is available for Senior, Handicapped and Special Needs residents of the Town of Elbridge.
3. Medical appointments take priority followed by shopping, errands, and social activity transportation. We reserve the right to prioritize trips for medical appointments.
4. Riders must call at least 2 days in advance. Scheduling will be done on a first come, first serve basis. We reserve the right to refuse clients when there are scheduling difficulties or conflicts.
5. The “JET” will not run when the J-E School District closes due to weather. The “JET” driver can cancel transportation on a day that the weather/road conditions are not conducive to safe driving. In this case, the driver will notify the escort and all riders by 8 am.
6. All passengers are required to wear seatbelts. The JET driver or escort will assist in securing wheelchairs and seatbelts.
7. The JET provides door to door service for riders. Should riders need physical assistance beyond door to door service, it is the rider’s responsibility to provide an aide who can accompany the client to the appointment as well as in and out of the home. JET escorts provide minimal door to door assistance.
8. Personal care attendant and service animals are permitted to ride when accompanying a disabled passenger.
9. All canes, walkers, breathing devices etc. will be secured.
10. No alcoholic beverages or smoking is permitted in the “ JET”
11. Transportation can be supplied for medical appointments to various locations including but not limited to Elbridge, Auburn, Syracuse, Camillus and Skaneateles and others within a 40 mile radius of Jordan.
12. Drivers may not schedule appointments. To schedule a ride clients must call 604-1322 (BUS) 209-7150 (VAN)
13. When calling regarding medical appointments, please have the name, address and phone number of the hospital or doctor ready and the approximate length of time that is needed for the appointment.
14. Explain to your health care provider that transportation is being provided and you must be seen close to your scheduled time. The “JET” cannot wait, as others will also be scheduled.
15. If you have reserved a ride and must cancel, please do so as soon as possible, so that others may be served.
16. While there are no set fees, donations are welcome to help offset operating costs.
17. Pickups are restricted to public roads. Alternative pickup sites will be considered by prior arrangement.
T18. he JET will operate Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. including certain national holidays except New Years Day; Memorial Day; July 4th; Labor Day; Thanksgiving; Christmas.
19. The last/latest pickup from appointments for return is 4:30 p.m. If you expect your appointment will run later, you will need to make other arrangements for your return.
J-0901 (Rev. 5/13)
Town of Elbridge
5 Route 31, P.O. Box 568, Jordan, New York 13080